Tragic: 11-Year-Old Winter Park Boy Dies from Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Twisting Ankle on Treadmill

In a heartbreaking tragedy, 11-year-old Jazze Brown of Winter Park, Florida has died from a flesh-eating bacteria. Brown had injured his ankle while running on a treadmill, and the injury led to a severe infection.

According to WESH 2 Orlando, Brown was taken to the hospital after his ankle became swollen and started to hurt. Doctors soon discovered that the injury had led to a flesh-eating bacteria, necrotizing fasciitis, and Brown was in critical condition. Despite the efforts of medical professionals, the infection was too severe and Brown passed away.

Fox News reported that Brown’s family is in “complete disbelief” over the sudden loss of their loved one. Brown’s mother, LaToya, said, “It’s a nightmare. It’s a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.”

PEOPLE reported that Brown’s family had started a GoFundMe page to help cover medical costs. The page has since been updated to reflect his passing.

NDTV reported that Brown’s death has been a shock to the community. Brown was an active member of the Winter Park Boys & Girls Club and was known for his kindness and enthusiasm.

Brown’s death is a stark reminder of the dangers of necrotizing fasciitis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends seeking immediate medical attention if a wound is red, swollen, and/or painful.