22-year-old woman kills her 53-year-old sugar daddy and cuts off his thumb to access his accounts

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Authorities in the nation’s capital have detained two women implicated in the brutal murder of 53-year-old Fasil Teklemariam, who was found deceased on April 5 inside his bedroom following a violent attack. The accused, Tiffany Taylor Gray, 22, and Audrey Miller, 19, are facing first-degree murder and armed felony murder charges after a complex investigation revealed a chilling narrative of alleged theft and homicide.

Teklemariam fell victim to a vicious assault on April 1 that left him with multiple stab wounds and a fatal blow to the head. Even more gruesome, the perpetrators severed his right thumb, which was never located. Investigators believe the thumb was utilized by his assailants to plunder Teklemariam’s financial accounts, squandering his assets on ride-share services, cannabis, and liquor.

The Prince George’s County resident Gray was taken into custody on July 1, awaiting extradition to Washington, D.C., from Maryland. Meanwhile, Miller was arrested earlier on June 21 in Washington, D.C., and her initial court appearance is now slated for July 30 after a postponement.

While reviewing the court affidavit, police discovered accounts of Teklemariam being Gray’s “sugar daddy,” though these claims remain unconfirmed. The affidavit also suggested that after killing Teklemariam, the suspects attempted to cleanse the crime scene, but law enforcement located forensic evidence, including impressions of bloodied footprints.

Surveillance systems within Teklemariam’s apartment building and the surrounding area provided crucial evidence. The footage captured Teklemariam bringing Miller into his home on April 1. Gray, accompanied by her alleged “play brother,” was also recorded outside the building that night. Investigators said that three unidentified males are also suspected of involvement in the crime; among them is a 34-year-old man who shares a close but non-biological relationship with Gray.

Their criminal enterprise seemed to involve repeatedly entering Teklemariam’s home using his key fob and removing items, potentially including his Toyota RAV4. Three weeks after the murder, a pivotal witness emerged, identifying the accused women and claiming to have heard the details of the murder discussed by Gray and her “play brother.”

The investigation took a significant turn when detectives discovered that Teklemariam had previously reported Gray to the police for stealing $1,800 through a cash app using his cellphone.

At this time, there have been no charges against the other suspects mentioned. Lawyers for Gray and Miller have not yet made any public statements regarding the allegations.