Four people were taken to a hospital after a battery in a laptop caught fire on a United Airlines flight on Sunday.
The plane, which was traveling from San Diego International Airport to Denver International Airport, was forced to make an emergency landing at San Diego International Airport after the battery caught fire in the cabin.
According to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, four people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
A United Airlines spokesperson confirmed that the plane had to make an emergency landing after a laptop battery caught fire in the cabin.
“The safety of our customers and crew is our top priority and we are cooperating with the investigation,” the spokesperson said.
The FAA is currently investigating the incident.
This story has been updated with additional information from the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department and United Airlines.