Police in the UK have confirmed that a body found in the search for missing mother Nicola Bulley is in fact hers. The discovery has left her family in “agony” and “heartbreak”, according to her partner.
The search for the 32-year-old mother of two had been ongoing for several weeks after she went missing on February 2nd. On Tuesday, police confirmed that a body found in the search was indeed Bulley’s.
Her partner, who asked to remain anonymous, said the family was in “agony” and “heartbreak” after the news. He said, “This is the worst news we could have heard. We are all devastated and heartbroken. We just hope she can now rest in peace.”
The investigation into Bulley’s disappearance has been criticised by many for the mistakes made by police. The Observer said the case had been “plagued with errors and missteps” and that the police had “failed to take the lead” in the search.
The BBC reported that the case has become a “social media circus” as people shared their theories and speculation online.
Bulley’s family have asked for privacy as they come to terms with the news. A tribute page has been set up in her memory.