Lottery Experts Reveal How to Remain Anonymous After Winning Powerball Jackpot

Powerball Jackpot Climbs to $900 Million

The Powerball jackpot has reached a staggering $900 million, making it the largest jackpot since the record-setting $2.04 billion prize in November. The increase of $25 million came after the drawing on Saturday, July 15 resulted in a rollover. With a ticket costing only $2, players have a 1 in 292.2 million chance of matching all six numbers.

The jackpot has been steadily climbing up the list of all-time grand prize winnings. In fact, it now ranks within the top 10. The jackpot will continue to grow unless a lucky winner emerges. The most recent winning numbers for Powerball are 5-8-9-17-41, with the Powerball number being 21. The Power Play multiplier for the drawing was 4x.

For those wondering about previous Powerball numbers, there is no discernible pattern or magic formula. However, there have been a few oddities that caught the attention of lottery enthusiasts. Currently, Florida ranks high among states with the most Powerball jackpot winners.

The Powerball lottery has been rapidly increasing in value. Here is a snapshot of recent drawings and how much the jackpot has climbed:

– Monday, July 17: $900 million
– Saturday, July 15: $875 million
– Wednesday, July 12: $750 million
– Monday, July 10: $675 million
– Saturday, July 8: $615 million
– Wednesday, July 5: $546 million

Powerball prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the drawing date, and tickets can only be cashed in the state where they were purchased. The same rule applies to Mega Millions prizes. Florida lottery tickets expire within 60 days of the official end-of-game date.

In the event that a prize goes unclaimed, the funds are divided according to state laws. In Florida, 80% of unclaimed prize money from expired tickets is transferred to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund, with the remaining 20% returning to the prize pool.

While winners of the Powerball cannot remain anonymous, an exemption has been put in place since May 25, 2022. Names of winners claiming prizes of $250,000 or greater are temporarily exempt from public disclosure for 90 days, unless waived by the winner.

The largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history was a monumental $2.04 billion, which was won by Edwin Castro in California. Castro opted for a lump sum payment of $997.6 million.